I was listening to “Dear future husband” by Meghan Trainor
and I thought about what I want when I do get back in the dating scene. I
haven’t been on the market for a long time since I was in what I thought would
be a “till death do us apart” kind of relationship but I guess he didn’t want
the same thing. That aside, being almost a twenty-six year old lady, having
experienced my fair share of dating and being a mom; I’m not just looking for
fun but also a commitment. I want that make me feel like flowers and
butterflies and all that cute shit kind of dating.
There is this new breed of men who are just lazy daters and
I mean chilling in the house, never take you out, kind of lazy! But as ladies,
one of our biggest weaknesses is that when we love….we really love! All the
rules and expectations you had sometimes just go out the window and you accept
him as he is and be content with the kind of love he offers….as long as he
loves you and chooses you at the end of the day. But I don’t want to settle for
less, I want the guy who takes you out, it doesn’t have to be on every other
weekend but once in a while plan a romantic date for your lady…even if it’s at
the end of the month when you have some mula.
If there is one thing men should know and understand, is
that your lady knows your limitations and she will never expect you to take her
to Hilton when you’re a hustler but you can afford to take her to the top of
KICC and a to have milkshake after, then if you want to end the date at home so
be it….cook a nice meal together and watch a movie while cuddling on the couch.
That’s a date!
One rule of dating, it’s the thought that counts and I mean
know your lady and plan something you know she will enjoy. The fact that you
put a little thought into that date will score you some points. I love swimming
so take me swimming at a nice quiet location on a hot sunny day. Don’t take me
to a concert or rave when I’m an introvert….let’s do a quiet intimate dinner.
Also, maybe this is just me but taking me to a party does not count as a date.
I’m not saying don’t do it or I won’t have fun but it just won’t be a date.
As a young single mom, I appreciate the complexity of dating
when you have a child because you will always be a package and not many men can
handle that but if I have learnt anything in the last month since I started to
open up about my last relationship…. It takes a strong serious man to commit to
that and there isn’t a scarcity of them (contrary to what I thought). So even
though I was hurt and I loved and lost….i wont close myself off from love. I might
not be ready to get back in the game but if love knocks, I will answer and I won’t
settle for less. I want to experience the date in dating. Also, I think my
future husband should listen to that song; “Dear future husband” by Meghan
Trainor because it pretty much sums it up minus the cooking part…. I can cook
pretty well J
No comments:
Post a Comment